Blood in stools, sore rectum, red flakes in stools. Sigmoidoscopy scheduled. Causes for symptoms?

Hi, Been having some concerns around blood in and around poo. Now back in late october I had some blood on surface of stool (that I was on the paper I used to wipe) now at the time I was incredibly sore down there and this could be maybe due to some tears?? However since I have also noticed some small red blood like flakes not many but they are there after I have wiped away majority of feaces. I have a sigmoidoscopy arranged to detect any issues and I am only 26 years old. Is it likely to be anything bad??
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012