Blood in stool after eating foods containing high sugar concentration. Is it due to piles or hemorrhoids? Cancer?

Every now and then when I eat foods or take in drinks with high sugar concentration, I get blood in my stool . The blood colour is always pure red, just like the blood you get when you have a cut. As indicated, this happens once a while and sometimes 60 days can elapse without this experience. The last time I had it, I started the day taking porridge and sweetening it with some honey . In the afternoon after lunch I took a drink of Lucozade (energy sugar laden drink) and just before bed I eat a lot of sweet water melon. This condition has been with me for years. I am 64 years and one doctor said it could be due to piles or hemorrhoids . another assured me that since the blood was pure red it was unlikely that I have cancer . I will be going for further checks but in the mean time what do you think. Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012