Blood in bowel movement, prescribed polyethylene glycol, belly hurts and swelling. Can go with medication?

My 2 year old grand daughter had a bowel movement with a lot blood in it last week and the dr ordered polyethylene glycol 3350 nf without checking her. She is barely over 20 lb. My daughter said she was suppose to be given this ever day for 2 mos. I am worried over this because in the research i've done say it should not be give unless an exam has been done and not give under 17. My grand daughter say her belly hurts, it is swelling, and she has been running a temp since 3 day of starting it. Any sugestions
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013