Blood drawn from arm, have bruising with hardness and lumps from anticubital fossa to axilla along vein. Suggestion?

Hi. On 13 August I had my blood taken from my right arm. The next few days I developed bruising from my anticubital fossa to my axilla along the vein . An ache developed in my shoulder and arm along with a different sensation in my fingers. Bruising has now gone but the entire length of the vein into axilla is hardened with a lump in the middle. Arm still aches and pain on stretching my arm up. The skin looks stretched and lumpy along vein when I outstretched my arm. I have had two lots of antibiotics and diclofenac as doctor said its thrombophlebitis , but even though bruising has gone the hardness and lumps have worsened.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012