Blood coming in stool. History with hemorrhoids. Has the problem reoccurred?

I have a small history with hemerroids, nothing major. A little spotting and discomfort now and then. Yesterday and today I have had a large amount of blood come out with my stool . Both times the water was completely red (which I know can happen with even a small amount of blood), but the first 3-4 wipes of the toilet paper will result in the toilet paper being saturated with blood all the way through to the point of blood getting onto my figner tips. Both times there was no discomfort like I ve felt in the past with hemerroid related issues. The blood is bright red (brighter yesterday than today) and wet, not dried or crusty. Should I be seeking an appointment with my doctor or is this something that is a fairly common occurance?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013