Bloating and constipation after eating fiber. Abdominal pressure, tender, numb. Is this serious?

I have recently started to add fiber to my diet. I have noticed that after this I started to experience bloating and constipation . To remedy this, I took a laxative and was able to make a bowel movement . However, I found that after that experience my my left side has a strange pressure (left upper abdomen , right below the ribcage) I ignored it and attributed it to pushing too hard as I was constipated and tried several times to make a bowel movement. I thought I could have strained myself. At times the pressure and dull pain got better if I touched it or laid a certain way, but now it s does not feel better if I touch it. It s been two days since it s started, but it feels tender and is cold (feels numb?). Just a couple of hours ago my left side started to grumble and now I feel a little uncomfortable. Is this just another symptom of my previous constipation? Or something that could be more serious?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012