Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.
Your symptoms of a bloated sensation in the upper abdomen are likely to be due to an acid peptic disease
or stomach ulcers. This condition commonly causes a bloated sensation, feeling of indigestion
and often pain or discomfort over the upper abdomen. Another possible cause could be a gall bladder
problem, which can also present with similar symptoms.
You need to have a proper physical examination, and if necessary, some investigations, in order to determine the probable cause. So, I would suggest that you see a doctor for further evaluation and management. I would also advise you to follow dietary and lifestyle modifications, in order to tackle this problem:
1) Avoid foods that cause gastric irritation like spicy foods, coffee, tea, carbonated drinks, etc. Smoking
and alcohol are also gastric irritants.
2) Eat at regular intervals and avoid delaying meals.
3) Increase the fibre content in your diet - take more of vegetables and fruits.
4) Avoid eating outside; especially avoid all kinds of junk food and fast foods.
5) Try to have a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise and proper sleep habits.
6) Try to avoid stress
and try relaxation methods like deep breathing, meditation
Wish you all the best.
Dr. Sheeba Stephen