Bleeding ear after scratching with plastic stick. Hearing affected. Any damage done?

Hi, i was just wondering if you could give me some advice i was just scratching my ear with a little plastic stick, which at the bottom had a little part that can dislodge, in which it did but i have managed to remove the object but my ear has started to bleed slightly i was just wondering if i have damaged anything or if its worth getting it checked over. My hearing on that ear seems a little different but i can hear.
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Welcome to the Health Care Magic

The only option is to see an Ear doctor - especially because of bleeding and diminished hearing.
It is unlikely that you have caused a serious damage to the drum - the symptoms could be worse and different / yet it is better to be seen and evaluated - rather be safe than sorry. Infection is also possible.

To recapitulate the moral of the story - never introduce anything into the ear.

Wishing you speedy recovery
Good luck