Black line beneath lower lip. Applied camphophenique, had peeling and fever. Solution?

I pray i do NOT have to pay for this because i have NO MEANS to do so.I got a cold sore the other day and applied some camphophenique to the sore.The sore went away but because i had this horrible black line beneath my lower lip form always licking my lips i applied the camphophenique there too and instead i got this horrible peeling,to the point where there is a small piece of skin gone as if it were burnt off.i must admit it was a medicated brand that had a sting/burning sensation when applied.Never the less now it appears to have a fever(the dark ring beneath my lip).I can actually feel the vaseline melt away and run down my chin when i apply that.Is there anything i can use O.T.C wise.I cannot afford a dermatologist .
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012