Black grey poop in infant

My son 5 months and two weeks poop was black grey poop almost like bronze then latter white.what does it signify?
Asked On : Mon, 9 May 2011
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Is he having Bloated abdomen or constipation associated with this? Is he feeding well? Are you feeding him breast milk or cow's milk?
It is called Melena and there are various causes for it. Kindly get him examined by a Pediatric Gastroenterologist to rule out if he has any anal fissure, Intussusception or Cow's Milk Protein allergy.All these factors has to be ruled out. Get a stool analysis and a stool culture done after discussing with his Doctor.

Good Luck.