Black and swollen knee after fall, hurts when pressed. What is wrong?

i was running and feel directly on my knee . The same day it hurt and it started becoming black and swollen. 1 week later it only hurts when i press or something hits it. It wasn t swollen but it was still black. Its been 2 and a half weeks and it still hurts. When something hits it Its a shock of pain to my knee and it feel like i m parillized for a few seconds. It also hurts if i keep it bend to much. It always itches but at the top its kind of numb. The pain don t feel like its the knee it kind of feels like the pain is underneath my skin and tissue . My parents don t believe me so they wont take me to the doctor. Whats wrong with my knee???
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012
The black and swollen knee is suggestive of a bleeding inside the joint due to an injury to the internal structures of the knee. An MRI scan will help in diagnosis.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,