Black and blue vein in throat. Why is that? What is the connection with main artery? Biopsy?

hi i have dark blue vein in back of my throat had ct scan and mri scan went to see cosultant yesturday he told me i have quite a few veins clumping together and was told i have 3 options 1 leave it 2see specialist at middlesbough and have treatment to inject it too make it make it just drop off 3 have big operation to remove it but i would be in theartre all day and is risky i would have to have also skin graff from my arm and he mentioned somthing to do with my my main artery im a little confused i was advised to try second option because if i leave it it will get worse as it is already getting bigger and will end up having to have option 3 any way the thing is when i see a consultant in middlesbrough he might not beable to do it as it may be too big i would like to know what it is called i have and why would the doctor say he would normally do biopsy but cant because of where it is could cause big bleed is it canerous or some thing like that
Asked On : Tue, 18 Sep 2012