Bitten by snake, swelling in legs, tissue damage. On antibiotics. Medical attention required?

My sister was bitten by a snake on her foot Monday night. We think a copperhead. She went to ER and they gave her antibiotics and and prescription for pain medication and after only a couple of hours they sent her home. I understand that anti-venom is not given and why. My concern is the swelling in her leg which has now reached near her hip. Also, she can not take the pain medication they prescribed and was unable to get in to see her regular doctor for a different prescription. I know that tissue damage is a concern. With the swelling of her entire leg I would ask if you would advise her to return to the ER or if this is normal?
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012