Bitten by small thorn in center of palm, taken out, palm infected, swelled. Worry? Cure?

Hi - I am bitten by a small thorn in center of palm, though I have taken it out quickly the palm is infected and swelled. I am not sure which thorn it was because it was very light weighted (& was flying) and sat on my hand.
I have applied dettol in infected area, ate anti-allergic pill and applied Derm Aid cream on infected area still swelling is not going down. Can you please guide me what could be that "FLYING THORN" & is there anything to worry about?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013
Hello and welcome to healthcaremagic forum!

There is nothing to worry about unless you are a diabetic! I suggest you go for a homeopathic treatment

however you havent mentiones if there is any kind of pain, if there is pain along with the swelling

I suggest you to take Apis 200, 4 pills every 3 hours till it subsides. You can stop the medicine after the

symptoms subside. Also keep washing with antiseptic handwash to avoid further infection. but dont

meddle with the area where you got pricked.

Good luck and god bless