Bitten by dog, infection, bitten area numb, turns purple in cold. Treatment?

Hello, I was bitten by a very large dog in the forearm .... Was in the hops for 3 days because of infection ... And the bite area has been numb ever since and when I get cold it turns lit purple in color... Will the feeling come back in that area? And will the area always be discolored?? This happened about 6 weeks ago...
Asked On : Tue, 1 May 2012

See you had a dog bite.
The most important thing is to get yourself assessed for the need of a an rabies vaccine according to your previous vaccination.
Now you developed an area of numbness of skin following the dog bite.
This can occur due to injury to any of the superficial nerves.
This loss of sensation may take some time to recover. You can take nerve tonic in the form of vitamin b 12 supplementation.
I am sure it will help.

Dr Geetika Paul