Bite on leg. Why has it been spreading? What can Treat it?

hi my name is tony, i live in nth queensland. i was gardening on monday and realised i got a bite of some sort on the inside of my upper leg, right near the jock line. it turned into a welt with an elongated inch long, hard lump on tuesday, since then the swelling has spread down my thigh and covers an area the size of my spread hand . it is itchy at times in the area of the bite. the tendon and muscle has slight soreness, it is risen into a high welt and very red. i ve been treating it as scrub itch with mite itch lotion from the chemist, which seems to have had no effect. we do have scrub itch out the back of our place. do u have any ideas
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012

It seems that you may be having insect bit causing insect toxic dermatitis following secondary bacterial infection.

You consult dermatologist and have confirmed diagnosis.

Strong antibiotics with anti inflammatory drugs may be taken.

To rlievecitching, you take anti histaminic like levocetirizine.

Apply antibiotic cream like sisomycine cream.

Bed rest is also needed.

You may be alright.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD