Bit my tongue extremely hard, chunk of the tongue lifts on talking, eating. How can I fix this?

i bit my tongue extremely hard on sunday night then again on tuesday night. In the middle of my tongue where my tongue meets the roof of my mouth has a a chunk of my tongue is lift and comes about 3/4th of the way up but the front part is still heavily connect to my tongue so i cant pull it off. HOw can i fix this. the chunk of my tongue moves around and lifts hwen i talk , eat drink etc. I am OCD and CANT leave it alone.
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012
Dentist 's  Response
Dear friend.

Thanks for sharing your concern.

your symptoms suggests that you have tongue biting habit.This should be corrected by using palatal crib.

This is an appliance which helps to overcome tongue biting habits.

presently you can apply analgesic gels which are lignocaine based for pain relief.

The wounded area will heal on its own,in few days.

Till then avoid eating, spicy and hot food stuff,also avoid tongue cleaners for few days till it heals completely.

Hope it helps.

Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response
hello and welcome to hcm,
i hope you have the habit of tongue thrusting while sleeping.
i advice you to put a habit breaking appliance like palatal crib while sleeping.
or else the problem will happen frequently.
your tongue will get heal by primary,it will heal by itself.
if pain persist for more than a week,get any topical analgesic gel and take tab.divon-100mg twice daily for 3 days.
please avoid any hard tongue cleaning methods as it can delay healing.
take care.
Dentist Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda's  Response
hello and welcome to HCM forum,
according to the dental history presented by you it seems that you bit your tongue quite hard, do not worry, your tongue will heal by itself, just avoid using tongue cleaners for a while.
The peeled part of your tongue will fall off on its own within a week.
if its hurting while chewing or speaking, you can use a topical analgesic(twice/day),apply half an hour before or half an hour after meals.
i hope i answered you query,
i wish you good health,
take care.
Dentist Dr. Sapna Purwaha's  Response
dont panic the injured part of your tongur will heal itself
in a weak.apply mucopaint or analgesic gel for relief.avoid
spicy food.chew properly dont bite your tongue.apply ice
packs of affected area for not use togue cleaners or
brush to clean your tongue.