Biopsy for lump in breast showed calcification. Should I be worried?

Hi I am a 32 year old female and my doctor recently found a pea sized lump in both breasts: at 7 oclock on the right and 5 oclock on the left. My gyn has always told me my breasts were fibrocystic, but these are much more defined lumps than ever before. I have had an ultra sound done, which came back inconclusive. I have an appointment with a breast surgeon tomorrow for an evaluation. I am very anxious! So I ve been reading around the message boards trying to ease my mind. Some of the things I read seem to suggest that having one on both sides may indicate something, but it wasn t clear what. My breasts are also sore, but not necessarily near the lumps. I have a child. I have an IUD , which has stopped my menstrual cycle all together for about 5 years. I drink a lot of coffee. My maternal grandmother had breast cancer , but it did not originate there. My mother had a biopsy for a lump and was told it was calcification . Should I be worried? Thanks for your time, Andrea
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012