Big red itchy rash on my foot

Over my foot and is making its way to my ankle, it has taken 4 weeks to get to this stage, if i put any kind of cream on, it gets very raw and burns, and is very itchy, i have never suffered with any skin complaint in my life and i am now 31, there is different shades of redness, and the darker shades are the most painfull. could you give me some idea of what this could be. thank you very much. david darkes
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi. The cause for such a rash could be any thing. It could be due to an infection or may be just due to an allergic symptom.. Do not apply any creams or ointment if it hurts and this may just aggravate the symptoms.. Get a check up done by a dermatologist and  a proper treatment will be planned...