Big lump in front gum, no pain, slightly yellow color

a friend of mine just showed me a lump, about the size of a pencil eraser, right above his front tooth on his gum. he says it doesn t hurt, which i cant imagine how it wouldn t, but it s pretty big, slightly yellowish in color, and he doesn t know what to do. any advice?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012
Hi ! From the history, it seems that the lump in case of your friend is of quite a long duration and he has neglected by not showing himself to any doctor. In this case I would suggest your friend to meet a dental surgeon/maxilo-fascial surgeon at the earliest, and get himself treated fast, however benign the swlling might look like. Wish him good luck.