Bell s palsy, no improvement with medicines, tenderness on side of face. What is the cause?

I was diagnosed with Bell's palsy about three weeks ago. I took all of my medications like the doctor told me to put I don't see any change on the left side of my face. Also about three days ago the left side of my face (bell's palsy side) is in a lot of pain like a Mack truck hit me. It starts at my eyebrow and ends at the end of my jaw line. The whole side is so tender to the touch. What is going on? I am trying my best not to go crazy but man. I can't even sleep and I am suppose to wear an eye patch but even that is to much to bear. Please help
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013