Been diagnosed with multinodular goitre. Do FNB? Do thyroidectomy? Help?

Hi, I have been diagnosed with multinodular goitre (struuma nodoosa atoxica in latin). They have grown a couple of millimetres in 2 years. The surgoens want to do a FNB and no matter what the results they want to do a thyroidectomy . I do not want to undergo surgery as I am very scared of the side effects. Are there any medications that can cure these? If I undergo this surgery what will be the severe side effects for my health? Apart from losing my voive, will I also get wrinkled and lose my hair? Please help me. I am desperate. Thank you for your time. Best,
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012