Banged shin very hard. Unable to put weight on leg. Painful risen lump. Healing time?

I banged my shin fairly hard this morning, right on the first part of my leg under the knee and am having trouble putting my full weight onto the leg. I dont want to waste hospitals time as i can walk on it albeit i am buckling on that leg. How long should i wait to see how it heals before seeking medical advice? There is a hard risen lump which is painful to touch too. Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013

It appears that you have incurred a Haematoma on the shin area.You could apply ice on the area and take painkiller .If you are relieved and able to walk then you might not need to see the doctor .But if inspite of painkillers you are still buckling then i would suggest that you meet your doctor to rule out fractures.
The bump i.e heamatoma will take 7-10 day to settle down.