Bang on the ear, have cloudy hearing with impairment since. Will it self correct over time?

I live in China and am always hesitant to go to the doctor here because my PuTongHua is not the best so I would like to send this question to you first…about 8 days ago, I intentionally slapped myself in the ear pretty hard during the night while half-asleep trying (in vain) to kill a mosquito and now the left side of my hearing is cloudy (with obvious hearing loss ). There has been little to no improvement since then. Will this self-correct over time or should I suck it up and go see a doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012