Badminton player, have ACL tears, no time to undergo surgery. How long do I need to rest and how long will the pain remain?

i am a batminton player. I have ACL tear in three places in my right leg knee for past 8 months doctors have adviced me for a surgery but due to my work nature i couldn t spend time for this but now i have decided to go for surgery. i just want to know how long will i need to take rest and how long will the pain remain. and after surgery can i start playing batminton.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012
In ACL injury in player one should not delay, other wise it damage the articular cartilage of knee and muscle weakness.
If a good repair with Hams done with good fixation of grafts , normally , knee movements are permitted
after 4-5 days. Pain does not last more than 2-3 days of surgery. full weight bearing by the end of 8-10 weeks . You can very well play .

Dr niraj garg