Bad taste in mouth, have benign tumor in sinus

For a week I have had a bad taste in my mouth. I had this same taste about 27 years ago when I was diagnosed with a benign tumor in my sinuses, except back then it was way more metallic. Right now it is more of the taste that a dentist who has just drilled out a tooth , puts that mediciny tasting something in your mouth before he fills it. I can t get rid of this taste. I have brushed and brushed, cleaned my tonsils, not eaten pine nuts , so I don t know.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, the bad taste in the mouth can be because of sinusitis, dental or gum problems, oral thrush and any focus of infection in the oral cavity. As you have a history of benign tumour in the sinus in the past, it is a possibility that you have some infection in that sinus and that can lead to post nasal discharge and this can lead to bad taste in mouth. Please get a complete ENT examination done and if need be, go for an Xray PNS. If the ENT examination is normal, please see a dentist and get an complete dental examination done. Also maintain good orodental hygiene and use antiseptic mouth wash regularly. Regards