Bad smell in the nose after tooth extraction, used Sudafed, nasal spray. Advised Clindamycin. Is it safe ?

I got a tooth pulled 3 weeks ago .On the 5th day after the extraction when the pain was tolerable I blow my nose cause I was having a little congestion. Well after I did that the smell and taste of what ever came out of my nose was sickening! I knew right then I had an infection. It smelled like death. The following day I went to the doctor with my problem and he said it may and sounds like it was cause by the extraction to see my dentist again, he gave me 875 amoxicillin for ten days. I seen my dentist a few days later and told him what was going on and he said to just continue the antibiotics and if it didn t clear up to come back. Well ten days later I still have the infection and it is just slightly better if that. At night I can t breath and taking Sudafed 240 mg seemed to stop working for me I have a good nasal spray that helps me breath and clear some of the puss out. I went back to the dentist like they told me too and said I was doing fine. Although I still had the infection they were hesitant to give me more antibiotics. They gave me clindamycin , after reading tons of BAD reviews of the drug I m not sure I should continue it. The healing of the extraction seems to be slow to me ,doc said it was okay but I m not sure although there is no pain. I m starting to think this is not going to be easy to fix .
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013