Back pain, pain moving to my elbow, does not affect range of motion. Heat or ice for pain relief?

i have been having an ache in my upper left back up by the scapula - it appears to be in the muscle because it is very tender to massage. the ache goes down back of my arm around to elbow it does not affect range of motion and does not hurt when doing activities it just aches sometimes more than others and i have been able to sleep fine should i use heat or ice on it also my neck is a little sore when i stretch it
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012