Back pain, cough. Had pneumonia, bronchitis. What treatment is suitable?

My 3 yr old boy was in the hospital for the weekend. Wbcc was 0000. Was put on lots of antibiotics. Noticed something in chest x-ray , but didn t think it was pneumonia . He was released 2 days ago (wbcc down to 0000) and will be on antibiotics for 8 more days. They couldn t figure out why his wbcc waa high and still isn t normal. He is complaining of back pain off and on now and doing breathing treatments in the morning. Coughing a lot. We have an appt with a pediatric pulmonologist in 5 days at Children s. Really nervous about waiting that long, especially not knowing what is wrong. I also want to point out that in the last 2 years, he has had pneumonia twice and bronchiolitos turning to pneumonia seven times. At what point do we go to the emergency room before then? Should we wait until Monday?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013