Back pain after using electronic cigarettes. Pain between spine and shoulder. Allergy?

I experience back pain from electronic cigarettes. It s confusing but I m 100% sure they are the cause as I ve stopped using them and found the pain goes away. Whilst smoking real cigarettes, I experience no pain. The bases for electronic cigarette liquids are propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin . They also contain flavorings and nicotine . I ve experimented with many different flavors, an all PG base, an all VG base and low nicotine levels. All give me this pain. The pain is very localized and is right between my spine and my right shoulder blade. Please help me understand what this could be. E cigs are the only way I ve been able to consistently avoid smoking. Could this be an allergy to one of the bases? I have no other consistent symptoims.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013