Back pain. Sensed a tender spot. Could it be herniation?

I have had swelling in my right side and now I have a pain come and go in my upper back. I tried to move a lawn mower (rider) by myself to remove it from mud it was stuck in. I notice a few days later that I felt a tender place around my belt area on the right side that I assume may be a herniation (if that is a word) and it was tender from the belt area a long my right side and up my very right side and it has progressed since
Asked On : Tue, 24 Apr 2012
Dec 2013
After reading your query I can understand that you are quite tensed regarding the swelling at the upper back. Though the possibility of herniation appears to be unlikely, there can be multiple other causes such as lipoma, sebaceous cyst or simple folliculitis also for the condition. I suggest you to see a surgeon for the best possible cause. Take pain killer tablet such as paracetamol for pain part.