Back injury, pain in shoulders, buttocks and etc. Can I stay on norocs?

Hi I m a 17 male, I had a back injury about a year ago when I fell down on my butt, I felt a cramping pain shoot up my back and into my shoulder blades, I had it x-rayed and they found nothing, I ve been to numerous chiropractors and nothing helps. When I went to the hospital I was prescribed norcos and they helped my back pain a lot, is it a good question to ask my doctor to keep me on norcos? I don t want to flat out tell them I want pills, because I don t want them to think I m a pill popper.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012