Back injury, pain in left upper back, shooting down to elbow. Taking ibuprofen. Cure?

Hi Last week I hurt my back lifting my 7 year old. I felt the pain immediately on the left upper back. For two days now I have been experiencing a sharp pain in my back, on the left side. The pain is between my shoulder blade and spine that comes and goes. The pain sometimes shoots down to my elbow . Have been taking 600 mg ibuprofen to help w the pain. I was wondering if the pain could by caused from lifting my son or could it be something else. Thank you
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013