Back and shoulder strain, swollen toe, swollen hand. What could it be?

My brother in law left work because of back and shoulder strain. After a day home he notice his toe was a little swollen. Now he s in hospital and his foot is 2-3 times in size and his hand is starting to swell . He can t feed himself and anything he eats comes up. Doctors treated for bacterial infection , but now don t know what it could be. Do you have any thoughts on what it could be? I m worried that if it gets worse he could loose his foot.
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  15 Awaiting Answer