Back MRI done, dark spot seen, 2 version cyst or cancer, pain while running. Cause?

Hi doctor, I went to mri for my back and my doctor saw a dark spot 1.6cm. He sent me toto ultrasound and still cannot give me a definite answer of what it is. They will send me to CT scan and may be they can see what exactly it is. The two versions are cyst or cancer . I have pains in that area especially when i run i can t help but stop and hold that side( right under rib). I am 34, height 59 inches, weight 120lb. What can be the cause? Is the cancer of that size supposed to hurt me that much?
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012