Babys body temperature increased after he got hurted his head, please help

My baby is 22 months old. She got her head hit with corner of one wooden table. We put ice and it was not that much swelling. In few minutes her body temperature started in increase. Now after 6 hours her temperature under the armpit is 38.4 We gave her paracetamol (125 mg suppository twice in 4 Hours). What could be the reason for this high fever. She just recovered from bad throat a weeks back. At that time also she was having high fever. Does this accident (hit on her head) cause this high fever ? Kindly advice....
Asked On : Sun, 12 Dec 2010