Baby passing loose stools. What could be the reason?

My daughter is 4 months old now. Turning 5 in a a week time. For e past few days and everyday now she has been passing loose stools 3-4 times a day. I am very worried. She had a checkup last 3 days asked a doctor about her passing loose stools the doctor say not to worried. But i just want to know is she fine or she is having diarrhoe? What should i do?
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012
Pediatrician, Cardiology 's  Response

Thanks for posting your query
It is normal for an infant to pass stool 5 to 6 times a day or once in 3 to 4 days. What you need to look for is a gross change in consistency, whether any decreased feeding is there due to lethargy, decreased urinary frequency , poor weight gain, having temperature, blood mixed stool or any other obvious symptoms are there. If there is nothing like this then you should not worry. If you notice any one of these then consult your doctor immediately.
So, I would suggest you to ensure adequate hydration of baby by frequent feed and be wathful for danger signs.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.