Baby having thrush in mouth. Prescribed with Daktarin oral gel. Is it safe for babies?

hi, my daughter is 2 1/2 months old and has thrush in her mouth i was given something for it (cant remember the name of it) but it made her really ill so i went back to the doctors n they gave me daktarin oral gel but it said on it not to give to babys under 4 months old, i spoke to a nurse about it n she said its fine for her to use it, is this right? or should i go to the doctor again and get something else?
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum,
It can be used but the best person to decide is your doctor. Its better you consult your doctor, he can infact change it and give you some other cream for the same problem. Hope your child gets well soon.