Baby having skin issues, eyes crusty, pimple like marks on face. Is it contagious?

I am babysitting a one year with skin issues since 6 months. Eyes get crusty and puffy and he has pimple like marks that come and go on face. He has been on prescription creams and meds for awhile. My question is my son, age ten just developed a pimple on nose that looks similar to one on baby s face. Could it be same issue even after months of never getting anything? His mother doesn t think child is contagious. I am worried that he is?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013