Baby having grainy, watery, sticky, dark stools frequently in a day. Eating normally. Solution?

Hi, My 23 month old has had grainy, watery, sticky and dark poo for a few days now, there s quite alot (leaks every time) at least about 3/4 a day. He is fine in himself - happy and loud!! He is eating as normal. Had the normal winter colds etc but not at the moment. When first newborn (11lbs 5) he was in hospital for a month for fast breathing and not drinking milk (tube fed). Then he struggled with some formulas but was fine in the end. HOping its not a dietry thing - but how long should I leave it until I go to GP? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013