Baby had surgery, broviac in thigh after birth. Currently 4.5 months old. Right thigh bigger than left. Reason?

Wehn my daughter was born she needed surgery and needed a broviak (spelling?). She was in the NICU and had the broviak for 29 days. They put the broviak in her right thigh.When it was first done it got really swollen and was purple. They kept a close eye on it the entire time she was in the NICU and she didn t really have any issues with it. There was one time they had her laying on her right side and it got a bit swollen. They elevated it and the swelling went down. Fast forward to today, she is 4 1/2 months old and it seems as though her right thigh is a little swollen. I measured her thighs and her right thigh seems to be about 4cm bigger than her left thigh. Should I be concerned or do you think that it might be that her right thigh is just a little bigger than her left?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
It can be eitherway!
It is better to show your doctor so that the doctor can feel for induration,inflammation or thickening . If none are present,then there may be asymmetry - this also needs evaluation to see whether one whole side of the body is bigger than the other side .Good luck