Baby had dehydration due to stomach virus. Prescribed BRAT diet. Cries for milk. Having diarrhoea,gas. Suggestions?

My 17 month old was in the ER last week for dehydration due to a stomach virus. We brought him in due to excessive vomiting . While we were there he started to have diharrea. They recommended an all liquid diet for 24 hours, but no milk. I gave him milk after 1 day an the dihearra started again. I took him back to te pediatrician and they recommended the B.R.A.T diet. He wouldn t eat any of the things the diet consisted of. He cries for his bottle and now he is still having dihearra and horrible smelling gas. Any idea to what may be going on with him?
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012