Baby breast fed till 4 months, now breast feeding and formula milk. Passing dark coloured stools, strong rotten smell. Medicines given. Cause?

Hi.. My baby near 4 months old he was strictly breastfed until about three weeks ago (when I returned to work) now he takes formula during the day and breastfeeds at night. In the last two weeks his poop is dark, dark green or black and it has a very strong smell, like rotten something. He didn’t poops regularly. Dr. prescribe nor-metrogly syrup and niopeptin..
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012