Baby boy, lower lips turn darker and trembles, not during or before fever, baby is not cold/hot at the time. Why this is happening?

My 16 month old baby boy has a lower lip that turns a little darker and trembles/quivers for a few seconds every now and then. Twice this past week so not sure what to think of it. It is not during or before a fever and he is not cold/hot at the time. It is usually when we are in the kitchen if that helps. Please advise. thanks! Elizabeth Gargani
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012
Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for your query.

I would not worry about the problems that you have described. I suggest that you wait and watch. Lower lips turning a little darker is insignificant. Had the lips been turning blue then there would have been a cause for concern.

As your son is 16 month old and has been on regular check-ups I presume that all his vitals are normal and his cardiovascular system (CVS) has been checked by the paediatrician. Nevertheless it is better to ask your paediatrician to recheck the CVS.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal