BP of 169/90. Is it normal?

blood pressure 169 over 90 and I m taking blood pressure meds
Asked On : Tue, 3 May 2011
Hi,Welcome to HCM.
Your bp is slightly on higher side and you need to increase the dose of the medication, so consult your doctor for further management.You can also have salt restricted diet, avoid pickles, salty food and stress. Go for a regular walk for a minimum of half hour which will help reducing BP.Also have a good sleep for 8 hrs.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
With anti hyper tensive medicines your blood pressure is not called Wel controlled.
Now a days criteria is that BP should remain 120-130 \ 80-90. with anti hypertensive drugs.
Seek advise of your doctor regarding this level of bp.