B-12 deficiency

I am vitamin B-12 deficient, (according to blood test), but I am also allergic to cobalt, of which B-12 is derived. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Get a skin allery test if you are allergic to the vitamin b 12. If you develop allergy to vitamin b 12 too then you can use antiallergic medication and take the vitamin b 12... I am not sure how feasable this method is, you can ask your doctor if you can follow this if needed...

Pediatrician Dr. Akshay Joshi's  Response
allergy can be towards organic substances not metal, havnt u taken ur mother's breast milk, it to contains b12, i hope u r not just a fresh new-born to whom nothing is given. take pasturized milk with out boiling it, take non-veg, eggs. take b12/folic acid injections if severe enough. go for medicines mostly u wont have any problems, or atleast that problem will be less severe than 12-deficiency. consult a doctor.