Autoimmune hepatitis, sjogrens, high liver enzymes. On prednisone. Suggest?

I was recently diagnosed with autoimmune hepaitiis. I am 75 years old. Diagnosed with Sjogrens in 1981. as on prednisone from 1981 to 1996. Switched to Plaquenal and did quite well. Had severe cchest pains in May 2012 - blood test revealed high liver ensymes - 250 and they went up tp 1000, in February 2013. Had two liver biopsys - noww on 40 mg Prednisone per day. Have eaten Heart Healthy mosyt of my lifee - limited alcohol, 1 or 2 wine per day, never smoked, always low cholestrol and never overweight . What else can I do other than this Prednisone? Do I need liver cleanse? Gastro doctor only interested in Prdnisone.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013