Atenelol for high BP. Why food poisoning and vomiting? Why headaches?

I have high blood pressure being treated by Atenelol. I am 42 and do not smoke , but did in the past. On 4th of July I had food poisoning , and severe vomitting. My breathing was very irratic, and my blood pressure was skyrocketting. I have a meter at home, and the first few times I measured it, the unit errored. When I finally got a reading it was 186/100. Normal for me is like 142/90-something. I have had headaches and pressure under my jawline on the left side of my throat, by where you take a pulse ever since. I have an appointment in about 1 month and a half away with my Cardiologist . I am a worry-wort and am fearing I was close to something very serious on the 4th that may have damaged something. Any opinions? -L
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012