Asthmatic, have cold and chest infection, intense rib pain causing difficulty in coughing, history of pneumonia, lung collapse. Similar signs?

Hi, I m a 48 year old female asthmatic & have had a cold & chest infection for nearly 3 weeks now. GP prescribed antibiotics and Prednisolone steroids 4 days ago but these don t seem to be making any difference. The cough is dry & persistent and I now have excruciating pain in my ribs (at the top right hand side under my breast) which is making it agony to cough, sneeze or even blow my nose. I had pneumonia and a partially collapsed lung about 20 years ago and I m concerned this could be heading the same way so would be grateful for any advice. Thank you!
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012