Asphalt on the gum line not wearing off with water after a fall. How can it be cleaned?

My son fell this evening and basically did a face plant onto asphalt. The scarps have been cleaned and the tears are gone. He hit his front teeth they are a little sore and the one is ever so slithly loose. Since he is four that does not concern me what does is the asphault on the enamual which should wear off but it looks like there is some under the gum or at the gum line and water is not removing it. Any recommendations on cleaning this out of the gums?
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012